THOMASVILLE, North Carolina — Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc continues to invest in its network of 226 service centres with renovations and new facilities in Allentown, Pennsylvania; Syracuse, New York; Tucson, Arizona; Tyler, Texas; Baton Rouge, Lousiana; Decatur, Illinois; and. Fargo, North Dakota.
Old Dominion’s facilities are tactically located in every state across the U.S.
Terry Hutchins, vice president of field services and real estate, Old Dominion Freight Line said, “We are strategically expanding our network to keep the OD promise of exceptional service. Our new and remodeled facilities will allow us to more efficiently handle daily volume and position us for continued growth. The service centre improvements – such as technology and infrastructure updates – increase our mobility across the country and help us exceed our customers’ expectations for efficient and flawless execution.”
Recently updated service centres include:
· Allentown, Pa. – The new 10-acre facility has 75 doors, is located beside Highway 22, the Lehigh Valley Thruway, and is accessible to I-78. Technological upgrades include motion sensor zone lighting, a trailer roof-top snow removal system and high level perimeter security. In Pennsylvania, the facility will service Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Breinigsville, Kutztown, Pottsville, Reading, Pottstown, Quakertown and Stroudsburg. It will also reach Flemington, Phillipsburg and Hackettstown in New Jersey. OD has seven service centres in Pennsylvania.
· Syracuse, N.Y. – OD has six service centres across New York. After 18 years in Syracuse, OD relocated to an expanded 70-door facility that has on-site fuel reloading and expanded perimeter security. It is located near the intersection of I-690 and I-90 at the New York State Thruway. In addition to Syracuse, the terminal will service Cortland, Frankfurt, Geneva, Liverpool, Pulaski, Rochester, Utica, Waterloo and Watertown.
· Tucson, Ariz. – After 18 years in Tucson, OD continues to see growth potential in the market and upgraded to a 9.4-acre facility, close to I-10. In addition to Tucson, the 42 door terminal will service Amado, Catalina, Green Valley, Marana, Nogales, Oro Valley, Rio Rico, Sahuarita and Vail. OD has three service centres in Arizona.
· Tyler, Texas – OD has a large presence in Texas, with 19 service centres across the state. Located on 22 acres, the new 40-door terminal features increased security technology and expanded employee facilities. In addition to Tyler, the location will service Athens, Canton, Grand Saline, Henderson, Jacksonville, Kilgore, Longview and Palestine.
· Decatur, Ill. – OD remodeled the five-acre facility, expanding capacity from 30 to 50 doors. Close to I-72, the terminal services Arcola, Bloomington, Champaign, Clinton, Danville, Decatur, Effingham, Flora, Jacksonville, Lincoln, Mattoon, Neoga, Normal, Olney, Paris, Rantoul, Springfield, Taylorville, Urbana and Watseka. OD has seven service centres in Illinois.
· Fargo, N.D. – With two service centres in North Dakota, OD relocated to a seven-acre facility closer to the intersection of I-29 and I-94. The 42 door terminal will service Casselton, Fargo, Grafton, Grand Forks, Jamestown, Oakes, Valley City and Wahpeton in North Dakota. It will also reach Bemidji, Crookston, Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Hawley, Moorhead, Park Rapids, Perham, Thief River Falls and Wadena in Minnesota.